Saturday, June 12, 2010

Thanking those who make me look good

Everything takes time. Everything is complicated. Even the littlest task seems to have sixty-seven sub-tasks, especially in relation to the Internet. I spend the better part of my life on the phone or on-line with "experts" in one specialized area or another: Web sites, shopping carts, blogs, social media, publishers, and more. Every time I think I've solved a problem, I find I have created a new one. Without my technological wizards I would be lost. If I make a mess, they clean it up or provide exactly the advice I need. I marvel at their skills.

Yet, I keep trying to do everything myself. From creating my Web site and setting up my shopping cart to designing my own book, I learned the hard way that I was in over my technological head. Eventually, I ran screaming for the help I should have sought at the outset. This seems like the perfect place to thank those who have come to my rescue again and again.

1 comment: